Saturday, March 21, 2009

Indonesian vs International Education

Hey, it's Xenxe again :D

Now, I'm going to tell you the difference between Indonesia's education and International education based on what I've heard until now.

As we know that Indonesia students study about 6-7 hours (average time) everyday, and we learn many subjects.
But why Indonesian's education is still considered to be POOR?

Here's the reason :

1. Time Problem
We know that one day consists of 24 hours. People usually spend 5-8 hours for sleeping and 2-3 hours for DAILY activities. So, we still have 13-17 hours free.
School, that busted 6-7 hours away. Plus, if we got extracurricular lesson, let's say 2-3 hours per day, we only have 3-9 hours for our spare time (and I can say the one who got 9 hours are very lucky if he/she is a Kosayu student).
Then, when can we get some entertainment? Can 3 hours refresh us, who've been very busy all the time?

Yet international students only study max 5 hours/day and extra lessons are not necessary until they really need it. So, I can say they got more time to spend with other activities. I doubt that they will become frustated so often since they can get enough entertainment.

2. Too Many Materials
Our educational system gives too many materials to learn, yet tons of formulas for science students! This will make us to memorize too many things! And this will cause stress especially on science lessons and when we're near exams.

International students only study few materials, but they studied the materials thoroughly, so they have few things to memorize. So, logic is more important than memory. And I think this is good because this will stimulate students' curiousity to think harder than just memorizing.

Well, for now I only can tell you this because I remembered that I still got something to do :P
If I got more information, I will post it ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment