Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Help End Hunger !

Okaay. I think I finally figured out what I want to write as my first post here.

Well , actually I have read about this website for a long time ago. But I didn't have the chance to try it until just now. Later, I found out that this is a great chance for us who wants to help making a difference in this world, but didn't know how.

This web site -- www.freerice.com -- provides some games which we could play and makes us could participate online. There are many subject of games provided -- starting from art, chemistry, english, geography, language learning and math. These games are educating games and not just for fun.

Mm, actually I haven't tried the other games except english vocabulary. But this is just the point, really. This game could help us who love english, or they who are just trying to find a way to improve their english. There are two kinds of english games, vocabulary and grammar. But I love doing the vocabulary game because I found so many new fascinating words that could help me expand my vocabulary.

Besides helping out your-selves, the point of this game is to help end world hunger, as what I have mentioned on the title of this post above. Every answer which you get right enable you to donate twenty grains of rice, FREE, to those who need it. If you get the answer wrong, the game will be over. But you can always start a new game, with different levels too.
Sooo...you can always donate as many as you want ! ^^




Theatania
XII IPA 4 / 27

5 comments:

  1. Making a difference through game? That sounds fun! :D

    Hmm what kind of games actually?
    Like, mini-games?

    And what does that purple texts mean? o.O
    Quite confused here D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've try the game and it is very interesting...
    ^^
    But I have one question : do we really donate if we answer correctly? If we do, where they send the rice to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still don't get it...
    donate rice in real?

    or is it just a free game? :S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beatrice,
    I think all your questions are answered here:

    http://www.freerice.com/faq.html

    Rice is donated :)

    I heard about this website awhile ago and I think it is a great way to both learn and give back to the world.

    ReplyDelete