Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Archeology

Yihaa....I really interested with anything that contain "archeology" topic/title. I like it cuz it's very mysterious for me. All about pyramid, mummies, ancient rome' sculpture. collisium, ruins, fossils, and anything like that!!! The one book that can enjoy me with this one is "National Geographic" I very very love with this book.
But, I'm not really like the archeological things like "candi" or anything that contain "Indonesia" (except for pre-historical humans like pithecanthropus and friends) title. Why??? Cuz I'm very very bored with 'em. Since I was in elementary school, Junior High School, and Senior High School, our history teacher and antropology teacher (antropology for language class. Cool it? huh..sometimes) always told and told us anything about "CANDI" and my head is almost erupt like vesuvius mountain...
Ancient greek, ancient rome, ancient egypt, has a very interesting topic and material for archeology class. Learn something different like that always make me exciting. Owh,, maybe the Indonesia's history is bored too....FROM ELEMENTARY SCHOOL UNTIL NOW??? E-n-a-u-g-h....Our history class is like a wheel. Always round and round.....and make us rounding our head with full of confusion....
Yah....it's only my opinion, I dunno how about you. It's okay if you wanna tell anything. But archeology is the one of my dream and it's kinda coll for me ^^
Evan HamHam
XII_LANGUAGE-03

3 comments:

  1. I have a bunch of old National Geographics (in English) sitting in my house. Let me know if you want them. You can have them when I leave Indonesia. If you do not want them, I just plan to give them to the Kosayu library.

    I think archaeology is interesting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm...honestly I really wanna it. But you said if you wanna gave them to our library, that's a wise way, Miss Rachel, so I'll think it again ^^ cuz I don't want be a egoist person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love archeology...
    but...
    instead you hate it...
    I love CANDI so much..
    At the elementary school I can remembered all of the CANDI in Indonesia and when they were built...
    Ok here's the example: Candi Singhasari was built as a reminder for king Kertanegara from Singhasari kingdom... Made from andesit stone.. And inside the chamber there's a statue of Siva the God of Hindu... Or just a couple of Lingga and Yoni...

    now....
    I forget almost all information about them...
    I like reading the archeological journey such as King Tut's Tomb or The Ancient Mayans or Atlantis The Lost Islands...

    also...
    I like dinosaurs... I can give u some of the name: Pteranodon, Monoceratops, Megalodon, Iguanodon, Ultrasaurs, and the famous one Tyranosaurs Rex...

    Hehehehehe......
    you think that I don't like stuff like that, don't you??
    As a kid I always want to be an archeologist and my parents said yes...
    but this time I don't want to be an archeologist because my talent and my heart wasn't there....

    Little bit confused don't you??

    ReplyDelete