Sunday, February 15, 2009

BANANA DIET

hey, it's Gaby again.
guess what's really happening in Japan right now, especially among girls?! (you can easily guess by the title)
yap! it's banana diet or in Japanesse, banana daito.
I've checked several website and they said that this diet is the simplest and easiest diet in the world (too dramatic, isn't it?)
so, I'll tell you something about it . . . .

THE RULES

1. First thing's first, you have to eat your meal very mindfully.
Do NOT eat until you're full, but until you're satisfied!
The Japanesse have a proverb, "Hara hachibu ni isha irazu" - A stomach eighttenths fill needs no doctor.
this is the key of this diet actually.

2. Eat raw banana and sip a glass of water for breakfast.
you can wat more than one, and if you still hungry 15 or 30 minutes later, you can eat other food.
the Japanesse sometimes eat onigiri or riceball about 2 hours later. but the other suggest oatmeal. but it's not as portable as riceball.

3. Eat normally for lunch and dinner, but NO DESSERT please.

4. Drink only water.
a few forum said, you can drink herbal tea or coffee. but softdrink and alcohol are extremely unacceptable.

5. You may eat afternoon snack at 3 pm

6. Early to bed
bed before midnight. and make sure you eat your dinner before 8 pm

7. Keep diet journal


WARNING: This diet haven't tested professionally, so there's no guarantee of how much your weight will be decreased for sure.


5 FACTs ABOUT BANANA
  1. a medium sized banana contains about 108 calories, 27g of carbs, 5 grams of fat
  2. they're known for their potassium
  3. they're a good source for vitamin B6 and a lesser extent vitamin C
  4. bananas are an exceptionally rich source of fructooligosaccharide, it nourishes firendly probiotic bacteria in the colon
  5. banana contain pectin which helps proper movement through the digestive tract

3 comments:

  1. Hmm . . . interesting.

    I think eating healthy is important because it gives us the energy we need to make the most out of life. Diets sometimes scare me because they can be extreme. We just need to eat healthy . .lots of fruits, vegetables, calcium, and low fat protein.

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm, banana for diet? >.>
    I do prefer another like apples or oranges for my diet, for the vitamin C :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoaa...

    I love banana...
    It's delicious and monkey-like LOL...
    Is banana a low fat fruit??
    What happen if I eat it too much??

    Do you have a juice recipe or somethin'?? I like juices... xD

    ReplyDelete