Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish. I got this topic idea from my Indonesian class. Mr. Anton (AJP like you know) want us to search a speech text, up to us. Some of my friends choose Obama Speech, Bung Tomo, and the other. I choose Steve Jobs' speech text. He is a CEO Apple Computer and the owner of PIXAR Animation Studio.
His Speech is really good for me, and it has a deep message for us. But, in the end of his speech, he said this one: "Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish" That word has a deep meaning. So, I'll tell you all
If you hungry, what are you doing? You MUST to search for some meal.
If you stay in your foolness, you MUST to be study harder than before.
Do ya get it?
No? Ok, this is a big point for us. 2 statements above gave me a vision if I must TO DO SOMETHING or I'll fall onto the despair. And, the conclusion is....
If you want to be success person, don't stop in your path. Still moving around, go forward, and search for a something new. If you stop at your point, like a "save point", you won't be a success person, coz you're stuck yourselves.
So, never think if you're now fullfiled, you're clever student, good person, and something good word. Think if you're stuck in your foolness, hungriness, deep thirsty of water, and not a good person. So, you'll be moving around and go forward. One step for your success. Good Luck
Evan HamHam
XII_LANGUAGE-03
I think it's just like miss Felicia Hilarius said.
ReplyDeletea person can never be in his/her save zone.
actually I wish I can to keep on "moving" just like you said.
but I always stuck in my situation.
I don't know why I can't move even though I want it desperately.
maybe I'm not as strong as I thought I was
maybe I'm not as independent as I thought I was
maybe I'm not as clever as I thought I was
I'm not perfect
we're not perfect
nobody's perfect
but I believe that we havo to do something as our purpose in this precious life as best as we can.
so Let's make the best of our lives!
Bingo! Keep movin' arround! ^^
ReplyDeleteJust so you know, the correct English is "safe zone."
ReplyDeleteA safe zone can also be called a "comfort zone."
For example, I came to Indonesia because I wanted to live in a place different from America and therefore "far outside my comfort zone." I was hungry (I wanted to learn about a new culture and I wanted to see the world), but also foolish (I didn't know anyone here, I didn't know the language, I was traveling days away from my home and my family).
So the phrase "Stay hungry, stay foolish" has a special significance for me!
Great quote :)
I agreed !!
ReplyDeleteIf we're always in the "comfort zone" we can't never go forward.. We can't be a person like we want it to be..
If everybody are in their "comfort zone" so no one will be success in this life...
If there's nobody success so what this life mean?? I mean.. What is the meaning of our life??
Just go forward, stay focus on your way and NEVER look back!!
That's the word y'all!!