Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Have you ever wanted to know about Lebanon?

  1. Lebanon's name has been arround for 4,000 years non-stop(it's the oldest country/nation's name in the world!!!).
  2. Byblos (city in Lebanon) is the oldest community living city in the world.
  3. The first alphabet was created in Byblos.
  4. 40% of the Lebanese people are Christians(This is the highest percent from all the Arab countries).
  5. There's 1 doctor for 10 people in Lebanon ( In Europe & America, there's 1 doctor for 100 people).
  6. It is one of the most populated countries in the archeological sites, in the world.
  7. The first law school in the world was built in Lebanon, in Downtown Beirut.
  8. According to Christianity Jesus Christ made his first miracle in Lebanon, in Sidon (The miracle of turning water into wine).
  9. Lebanon is the only Asian/African country that doesn't have a desert.

I've got this information from my father's friend. I really surprise know about itu especially when I know that the first law school was built in Lebanon. It seems like another Arab country for me. But in fact, it has more than that!

3 comments:

  1. I wanna see this one!!!!beside Egypt, Lebanon is the one of the cool place for me. This place is full with historical moments and many architectural things that exciting me! I like what you're posting for, Ivonne ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too want to go to Egypt and Lebanon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ndoet...
    beside this story..
    Why don't you tell us about the endless conflict that happened in that place for a long time??
    I guess a lot of friends want to know about it..

    ReplyDelete